So, on 15 November I only swam two races:
(1) Girls 4x1 individual medley (12/13/14 year-olds): I came third (after a disqualification) with split times of 36''77, 39''28, 41''19 and 36''73 giving a time total of 2'33''73 compared to a club record of 1'49''03 set in 1982.
(2) 12-year-old girls 1 length (33m) breaststroke: I came third again with a time of 32''50.
I decided not to swim 3 lengths (100m) butterfly, even though I had done it the previous week unofficially to support Sophie.
Yesterday the Sánchez family swam four races:
(1) 12-year-old girls 1 length backstroke: I came fourth :( with a time of ~32''.
(2) Straight after the interval was the dad's 1 length freestyle race. Guess who won? Papá! With probably a club record of less the 19'', but we will have to wait for official confirmation of the results.
(3) 12/13/14 year-old girls 3 lengths freestyle. Again I came fourth with a time of 1'41''91.
(4) 12/13/14 year-old girls 6 length breaststroke. Three girls had entered this race, but one of them Jade Hogarth hadn't turned up and Niamh had gone home early so I was the only one left. This meant that I had guaranteed trophy, so I was overjoyed. I was put with the boys. The race started. After one or two lengths I seriously had to blow my nose: everything was coming out. On the third length I had a plan: to get to the wall and quickly wipe my nose and keep swimming. The race finished wonderfully, beating two of the boys with a time of 4'03'' (split times of 34''21+39''82+43''50+42''51+43''50+39''48). When I got out of the pool one of the coaches smiled at me and asked me "what did you do wrong?" All of a sudden my stomach turned. He took me over to Jeff and Richard and they told me that when I wiped my nose I messed up the turn by not touching with two hands which meant I was disqualified. After this I looked at them all puppy-eyed and turned away and started crying. Upstairs mum and dad and everyone just kept saying it was all right and that I swam fantastically. When Jane was awarding the trophies I guess Richard and Jeff took pitty on me (I was in a cubicle crying, so I don't know what happened), but they gave me the trophy.
I thanked them and went home to wait for my uncle Simon and Joy.Went to bed past mid night.
Sunday, 10 November 2013
- 1 length (33m) butterfly(12yo girls): my dad didn't time me properly :( but I came joint second.
- 1 length (33m) freestyle (12yo girls): 26''34, came third.
- 3 lengths (100m) breastroke (12-13-14-year-old girls): 1'57''18 (33''90+41''47+41''81), came second. The club record for this event was set by someone called Iona McPherson in 2009 with a time of 1'38''40.
- 6 lengths (200m) freestyle (12-13-14-year-old girls): 3'51''09 (31''41+36''55+42''85+39''39+40''91+39''98), came second although I was feeling sick in the third length (you can tell by the results).
Sadly I didn't win anything. Silver and bronze are just a re-mix for losing. So wish me luck next week. YOLO.